aufhebung

thoughts personal, public and everything in between

Sunday, May 06, 2007

round 6

I took my last Xeloda for the most recent round a couple of days ago, and I'm pleased to say that I suffered no significant side effects this time through. I'm now taking about a fifth the amount originally prescribed in December, and it appears, even at that low dosage, to be working. My next round begins a week from tomorrow, so I have a little time off.

I've been awfully fatigued the last couple of days, though, and have been fighting off some congestion, but that, I think is more heart than cancer related. Plus, I taught my last class for the semester at Claremont on Thursday, and I usually have a short crash time at the end of a long high-stress project. By next weekend, I should have most of the bounce back in my step.

At least I hope so. Next Saturday, I'm taking Karla out on dinner cruise off Santa Barbara for our 19th wedding anniversary. She doesn't know that yet, she only knows that I've made some kind of plan for the afternoon and evening. She dislikes day-of-the-event surprises, so I'll probably fill her in on the details in a few days. My secret should be safe for now, since she never reads my blog, as long no one tells her anything before, say, Thursday.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Scott, glad to read your blog and glad you are feeling better. Mom will see you soon, our prayers and thoughts are with you always.

7/5/07 7:29 AM  
Blogger Dwayne and Denise Need said...

Your anniversary sounds like it will be a hit. I like how you keep a secret from Karla by writing it in your blog. And I am SOOO glad you are feeling pretty good, or at least typically for the end of term.
You are amazing in all that you can accomplish. Spidey's got nothing on you.
Denise

7/5/07 5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home