aufhebung

thoughts personal, public and everything in between

Thursday, April 26, 2007

back to normal (whatever that means)

Let me take just a moment to offer a brief update. Three weeks out of the hospital, I have most of my strength back from before. Fluid retention is still an issue, but it is down quite bit from the weeks before I went in. Last Friday, after a 6-week hiatus, I got back onto my chemo regimen, and I've not had any difficulties with side effects thus far. Tomorrow morning, I go in for the second half of this cycle.

With the semester closing at Claremont and the new quarter having started at Fuller, I'm staying plenty busy. This week, I finally finished the revision of Fuller's online ethics course--the one I've been moaning about for the last month or so. Since the quarter has already begun, I've felt a bit like a man running in front of a moving train to lay its rails.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, better that than feeling like someone lying on the tracks and tied to the rails! (Which is the analogy I thought you were using when I read this post too quickly at first.)

27/4/07 10:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, having completed two of your three commitments, you actually have time for your own studies. Well, until another train comes along. I am so glad you are "back to normal" And I certainly understand your adding "whatever that means" Because "normal" seems to change from one moment to the next. Having the use of your hands and feet, being able to breathe in and breathe out without pain or great difficulty, and having some of your energy back is a really great "normal" to be at. And if something better shows up, grab it. Love you, Mom

28/4/07 10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home